BCN LIP (Language Immersion Programs) Language School is an academy founded by school director Sofia Pariente Buzón in 2008. Our name demonstrates the philosophy that we wish to impart, that our programs are based on real life learning in useful contexts.
Born in Barcelona in 1974, Sofia Pariente Buzón traveled to the United States at the age of 17 to finish high school, and received a BA in English and Spanish Philology from the University of Barcelona in 1997. In 1998, she received a postgraduate degree in Postcolonial Literatures. And in 2001, she completed a course in Spanish as a foreign language for teachers at the International House. Since 2002, she has worked as an educator in different centers in Barcelona, and in 2008 founded BCNLIP. She has been the director and a teacher at the school since its inception.
If there is one unique difference between BCNLIP and other schools, it is that we treat our students in a very personal and real way. As director, I like to get to know all of the students personally and help them with everything they need. For this reason, I do my best to spend the majority of my time at our school meeting their needs and ensuring their satisfaction at all times. For me, among all of the duties involved in management, caring for the students is the most important part.
All of our teachers meet the following academic requirements:
- University degree in a humanities or language field, preferably Hispanic philology
- Having completed an ELE course, or a language teaching course
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a language teacher
- Having mastered a foreign language
- Publications related to teaching are valued
- Interest in continued training is valued
- Dedication to teaching.
- Responsibility and punctuality.
- Motivation capacity.
- Interest in other cultures.
In order to provide our students with quality education, updated curriculum, and to enable learning in a way that is dynamic and interactive, our teaching team meets monthly to discuss the latest developments and coordinate the different school activities. Each teacher has an important role in this process:
Alejandro Danilo Saenz
Elisenda Torrell Cascallo
Maria Carmen Domingo Bernal
Jordi Anglada Guinot
Maria Velazquez Prados
Laura Comellas Velasco
Elena García Lorca
Carlos Alberto Garzón
Valeria Dimaté Campos
María Rosa Calzada Hernández
Javi Martínez Jareño
Miguel Cano Díaz
Jordi Anglada Guinot
Elisenda Torrell Cascallo
Just as we are a language school situated in the most cosmopolitan and multicultural part of Barcelona, our students are of all nationalities, cultures, and ages. If you would like to know more about our open-minded environment and the openness that characterizes us, check out what our students think about our classes and hear about their experiences. All in all, they are the heroes!
Learning a language – means living it!
- We teach the four key language skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) but we place special importance on speaking. We ensure that our students are speaking from day one.
- We use a communicative method that is based on the task-based approach: we encourage our students to communicate in everyday situations where they have to practice what they have learned.
- We pay special attention to our activities and events. They are an important part of our educational ethos, reflecting the multicultural and diverse spirit of the school and presenting the perfect opportunity to practice speaking languages beyond the classroom. It is important that our students understand that the activities and events are not only for socialising, but are designed specially to help students live outside the school environment.
- We have regular assessments so that our students are motivated in class and are given a clear indication of their progress. We offer extra revision classes when we consider them necessary in order for students to keep up with their courses. Likewise, both our teachers and our school also undergo continuous assessment.
- Our school spirit is animated and innovative as we are constantly changing and adapting to embrace new technology, new forms of learning, the best materials, most original activities ...
- In order to encourage a good atmosphere in the classroom and to ensure a dynamic learning environment, we have created these rules of behaviour for the classroom. They are also a reflection of your own demands as students.
The 10 Commandments of BCNLIP
- Thou shalt not be late
- Thou shalt not use the mobile phone in class
- Thou shalt not take breaks in the middle of the class
- Thou shalt not speak thy native language
- Thou shalt respect thy teacher
- Thou shalt come to class prepared and respect your classmates
- Thou shalt take the level test
- Thou shalt do your homework
- Thou shalt come to class regularly
- Thou shalt contribute to the good atmosphere in class
왜 BCNLIP 이여되냐? 이유는 하나입니다.
저희가 수업 방식과 교수들, 내부시설, 개인서비스 등을 얘기하면 다른 아카데미하고 별로 틀리지 않게지요 하지만 저희는 학생들을 위한 노력은 절대적이며 효과적인 학습을 보장해준니다. 단, 이말이 그냥 허세가 아니라는 것을 증면 하기 위해서는 직접 방문을해서 체험하는 것 뿐입니다.
이 세상에는 말하지 않아도 필수적인게 있습니다, 국제 연합 교육 센터도 아닙니다, 사랑과 애정이니다. 그것만 있스면 모든 것을 할 수가 있습니다. 그리고 그 애정은 BCNLIP에 발을 들이는 순간부터 느낄수 있습니다.
확실하고 쾌척한 환경에서 배우고 싶으신 분들은, BCNLIP을 추천 들입니다.