Here you will find general information about obtaining a student visa, information differing in origin country (if the information does not appear here, ask us, we have our legal assistents!)



If you were born in a non-Spanish-speaking country, the Catalonia Council (Generalitat de Catalunya) requires you to hold -at a minimum- an A1 level official certificate, granted by the Teaching Department (Departamento de Enseñanza); a qualified public organization, or an entity in partnership with said entities. If you do not hold any of these certificates, a 45-hour training can be accredited through a certification issued by the Teaching Department, any public entity or other entities in partnership with these organisations.

In BCNLIP, you will be able to take a 45-hour Spanish course and get a valid certificate to apply for resettlement. Any course of ours qualifies to get the certificate, be it the extensive one (4 hours weekly) or the intensive one (10 or 20 hours weekly). Remember that for Catalan, the only valid courses are the ones from the Centre de Normalització Lingüística.

Follow us on: