TOEIC –Test of English for International Communication- it is the number one English-language certification in the world, recognised in over 180 countries and 9,000 organisations in education worldwide. In 2016, over 7 million people chose TOEIC to achieve their academic/educational and professional objectives.
Why choose TOEIC?
In the educational world:
- TOEIC is recognised by all Spanish universities to get your degree, enter a Masters and/or post-graduation programmes.
- You can also get your level accredited so as to leave Erasmus and apply for Erasmus + scholarships.
- Make your CV stand out from other the applicants with the leading English certification.
In the professional world:
- Open the door to your new professional opportunities: over 180 countries and 14,000 companies worldwide use TOEIC in their selection and internal promotion processes.
- Take part in Public Service entrance exams, linguistic qualification for teaching, access to the military and other processes.
Evaluate the 4 skills -Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing- in one Test or separately.
When and Where can I take the Test?
The Tests are carried out at the Instituto de Estudios Norteamericanos, Vía Augusta, nº123.
In any case, BCNLIP can always set up an exam date, as long as the demand is there.
How do I register and how much does it cost?
You can sign up directly at the school for the Listening and Reading, just give us your personal details, passport number/NIE and your date of birth.
Pricing depends on 3 factors:
- Free! If you have been going to an English course at our school for over 3 months and have attended your classes regularly.
- € 60 if you are already signed up to one of our courses.
- €129 if you are not a BCNLIP student.
What is the test about?
The tests included in your English course are the Listening and Reading skills but you can also take the Writing and Speaking ones.
How is it marked?
One of the best things about the TOEIC exams is that you cannot fail! There is no grade, no pass or fail threshold. You simply receive a certificate stating your level of achievement (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, or C2) coupled with a detailed skill report. The point system is standardised to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (also known as CEFR) so it is understood internationally. Furthermore, you can retake the part(s) you wish to improve.
When will I get the TOEIC result?
You will be able to get your grade online roughly 4 days later and pick up the certificate at the school about 15 days after having taken the exam.